Microsoft have announced that a number of Office 365 products have been renamed to Microsoft 365*. As Microsoft evolve their solutions a question we often hear from clients is “What’s the difference between each of the products?”
The vast majority of our clients have one of the two products listed below which are suitable for organisations with up to 300 users.
Microsoft 365 Business Standard (previously ‘Office 365 Business Premium’)
Microsoft 365 Business Standard is a cloud service platform that offers familiar Microsoft products like Word, Excel and PowerPoint, which you can use online or install on up to 5 devices. The main features of Microsoft 365 Business Standard are:
- The latest version of Microsoft Office on up to 5 devices
- Web versions of Office applications
- 1TB of personal file storage with OneDrive for Business
- Business class email and calendar up to 50GB
- Online meetings via instant messaging, audio and video chat/conferencing
- Microsoft Teams and SharePoint for business collaboration and data hosting.
Microsoft 365 Business Premium (previously ‘Microsoft 365 Business’)
Microsoft 365 Business Premium provides all the features of Microsoft 365 Business Standard with additional features focused on Enterprise Mobility and Security. These additional features provide additional layers to protect your data and methods to manage all your devices centrally. The main features over and above those listed above of Microsoft 365 Business Premium are:
- If you have devices that are licensed for Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 Professional, an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, which is the prerequisite for deploying Microsoft 365 Business Premium
- Help protect against sophisticated threats hidden in email attachments and links
- Cutting-edge defence against zero-day threats, ransomware, and other advanced malware attempts
- Enforce malware protection to help keep your Windows 10 devices safe from viruses, spyware, and other malicious software
- Remotely wipe company data from lost or stolen devices
- Configure security features and settings on Windows 10 PCs and mobile devices running iOS or Android
- Automatically deploy the Office apps to Windows 10 PCs
- Configure your PCs to automatically install Office and Windows 10 updates.
Which product is right for you and your business?
That depends on many factors including your current IT infrastructure and setup and your businesses working methods. This is where we can help to ensure you are using the correct license for your requirements. Indeed for most companies considering cloud only (removing old and costly onsite equipment) Microsoft 365 Business Premium is the recommended product as this provides all the features required to facilitate a complete move the cloud.
Please speak to your Grapevine Account Manager or contact us to learn more about Microsoft 365 solutions for your business.
*Office 365 services are changing in name only, there are no feature or pricing changes at this time.